What does the COVID-19 situation mean for Boston Food Not Bombs?
- We are continuing our regular Saturday meals with additional precautions for safety. The bottom line for us is that the people we feed weekly still need food.
- For our meals we will be using takeout containers and walking around Cambridge to hand them out rather than staying in the same spot in Central Square. The times are the same as usual for this (meal starts at 1pm)
- At the moment we are not taking walk-in volunteers, in order to keep our volunteer numbers low for safety reasons. Sign up for our newsletter to receive sign-up forms when we need volunteers
Wednesday Grocery Distribution
We will have a weekly grocery distribution program starting Wednesday, April 1, to provide relief from the financial stress of the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be every Wednesday at 2pm until food runs out, at the Brazilian Worker Center at 14 Harvard Ave in Allston. Groceries will be available on a "first come, first serve" basis. Please maintain the CDC-recommended social distance of six feet between yourself and others while waiting.
How You Can Help
- We are taking donations of food, takeout containers, hygiene items, and disposable grocery bags (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup/dropoff)
- Sign up to be a volunteer here!
- Sign up for our newsletter to receive the most up-to-date information about our operations and how you can support them